Nutrition plays a critical role in your pet’s overall health and well-being. Whether your pet has special dietary needs or simply needs to shed (or gain) a few pounds, our nutritional counseling services can help you accomplish your goals and keep your pet in good health.
With the availability of so many nutritionally complete commercial diets, one would think that this has taken much of the guesswork out of choosing a suitable diet for a pet. However, did you know:
- Pet nutritional needs change with age and activity level?
- Diet can assist in the management of various medical conditions-such as kidney disease, diabetes, arthritis, and heart disease?
- How many calories your pet should have each day?
- Whether you are over- or under-feeding your pet?
- Are you comfortable reading and interpreting pet food labels?
If you answered no to any of these questions, we are here to help! Our veterinarians offer counseling in dietary selection and feeding practices for pets during various life stages, such as puppyhood, pregnancy, nursing, and the golden years. If your pet has a medical condition, we can help you select the most appropriate diet to suit your pet’s needs.